Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Junior Programmer is responsible assisting the Programmer Analyst with developing, documenting, and supporting standardized and/or customized reports and applications from a sequel server database. This position will assist with the collaboration with end-users to gather report and systems requirements and ensure proper testing/validation. Additionally, this position will assist with the assessment of the needs of clients and/or management in order to develop customized reports and applications from a database, and generate reports in a database or other report writer programs and exports them into Crystal Reports, ASP.net, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and/or other applications. The Junior Programmer will also assist the Programmer Analyst with the day to day operations of the computer applications for user departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with Programmer Analyst while working directly with managers and end users in designing custom applications and reports.
- Assist with document application and report creation and maintenance procedures.
- Help troubleshoot normal issues.
- Assist with the development and dissemination of reports to monitor daily business activity using Crystal Reports, ASP.NET and SQL query language.
- Assist the Programmer Analyst with Validating and updating existing reports, create and run new reports as needed or requested, and analyze data to obtain and publish daily/monthly statistics relative to agency goals, objectives, and results achieved by individuals and teams within various departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires the incumbent to exhibit the following behavioral skills:
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with sensitive topics and/or irate customers.
Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; Manages difficult or sensitive customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills, and must also demonstrate ability to work independently and to step into a new environment and ramp up quickly.
- Ability to build and maintain complex Crystal Reports, ASP.net applications, including sub-reports, formulas, and embedding fields within text, and scheduling reports through Crystal Enterprise, MS SQL 2005 and above databases. An understanding of shared variables is beneficial.
- Ability to use MS Excel 2007 to perform data analysis. This includes querying external relational databases, creating pivot tables, filtering/sorting, data, etc.
- Experience working directly with/for business users.
Education and/or Experience
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, business administration, or a related field; and 1-3 years of experience creating ASP.NET applications.
Required knowledge and skills with:
- MS Query Analyzer
- MS Sequel Server 2005 and above
- ASP.NET programming language
- MS Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. While the work is primarily sedentary, excessive walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items such as books, binders, files, and documents is required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT
HANO provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, religion, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression results of genetic testing, or service in the military or veteran status or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.