BBJ Group is a growing environmental consulting and engineering firm seeking experienced, but junior-level scientists and engineers in our Pittsburgh office looking to take the next step in their careers solving challenging environmental matters. This role offers numerous opportunities and responsibilities:
- Project, staff, and budget management;
- Growth and training toward larger project-management responsibilities;
- Opportunity to grow into a well-rounded environmental consultant work on remediation, environmental compliance, and due diligence projects;
- Exposure to working with clients in a wide variety of industries, including well-known global companies;
- Domestic and international project locations.
What Kinds of Projects can I expect to work on?
At BBJ Group, we believe it’s important that our beginning consultants are exposed to a wide variety of project types. This allows them to grow more quickly, and provide multi-faceted perspectives to our clients. Project-level consultants routinely get to work on projects including:
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments;
- RCRA and CERCLA Site Investigation and Remediation;
- Site investigation and closure;
- Vapor intrusion assessment and mitigation; and
- Compliance Audits, Permitting and Planning.
What sets BBJ Group apart?
- Technical Depth and Responsiveness - BBJ Group provides the expertise of a large environmental consulting firm, while maintaining the responsiveness and flexibility of a smaller firm.
- Clarity – At BBJ Group, we pride ourselves helping clients cut through the clutter. We translate the jargon of environmental science and regulation into business-focused recommendations our clients can use to make critical decisions.
- Strategy – Our solutions always come with an end-game strategy. We don’t just study the problem, we cost-effectively develop an answer and an exit for our client. As a result, our clients view us a true, collaborative partners, and not just another contractor.
What does it take to thrive at BBJ Group?
Successful BBJers have these attributes:
- Low ego; high impact teammate;
- Great communicator;
- Quick thinking / adaptive;
- Works well with new ideas.
Other Important Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in geology, engineering, or chemistry preferred; strong science core a must;
- Experience conducting site investigations or remedial activities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Flexibility to accommodate travel;
- Autocad, ArcGIS experience and OSHA HAZWOPER training a plus
Are you ready?
If quickly having the opportunity to impactfully work on a variety of environmental projects sounds like a great way to launch your career, let’s start our conversation today.