SCOPE OF THIS POSITION:
A maintenance engineer is responsible for the maintenance of the hotel’s building and grounds and the operation of its equipment and mechanical/electrical systems. In a larger property this may be a supervisory employee.
- Reviewing maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work assignments.
- Monitoring and inspecting assigned work.
- Trouble-shooting, diagnosing and repairing malfunctioning electrical/mechanical systems and equipment.
- Inspecting property to identify potential and current needs.
- Planning and executing on-going appropriate maintenance programs.
- Estimating department expenditures for budget purposes and assisting with the capital budget process.
- Soliciting bids from contractors, evaluating their proposals and, once employed, ensuring work is completed to specifications.
- Coordinating with local health, safety, re and building inspectors to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Performing preventive maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Servicing the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning lters. * Completing maintenance logs.
- Maintaining the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. snow removal, lawn care, painting).
- Recruiting, selecting and training a skilled and motivated work force.
- Listening and responding to guests’ requests or complaints. -
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greenville, SC 29607: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location