WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
LAND DEVELOPMENT PRACTICE
Through an integrated approach to all stages of land development, Michael Baker guides clients through the entire life cycle of a project, from due diligence, initial site planning, and entitlement approvals to final engineering, construction management and surveying. Engineering integrated with in-house planning and surveying excellence and combined with a commitment to achieving clients’ strategic goals, results in quality service and project delivery in a timely and cost-effective manner. Our skilled professionals can assist with any task on a wide range of project types, including commercial and retail developments, industrial and office parks, educational and governmental facilities, housing developments, public infrastructure, and mining facilities. We understand that land development engineering for commercial, residential, and public uses requires a cost-effective, schedule-driven approach; we know that, to our clients, time is money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION
The successful candidate will be joining our growing Land Development organization in Ontario, California. This group has a focus on thoughtful, innovative, and efficient solutions to design challenges on a variety of Commercial, Industrial and Residential land development projects.
- You’ll be expected to lead design project teams and mentoring new staff
- In addition, project execution, proposal preparation and presentation
- Participation in marketing and client development activities
- You will interact with internal and external clients to ensure project delivery and client satisfaction
- Participating at local municipal meetings, coordinating with other project professionals, meet and negotiate with various permit agencies
- Travel for other Land Development opportunities, or lead other projects in between opportunities
- 15 years of Civil Land Development experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or the ability to obtain within 1 year is required
- Knowledge of regulatory issues and key players in the Southern California market is required
- Strong track record of overseeing successful delivery of projects that include land planning and feasibility, site design, site grading, earthwork balance, drainage, utilities, sanitary collection and water distribution systems, storm water management, erosion and sediment control designs/plans is required
- Strong relationships with local agencies is required
- Demonstrated supervisor/mentoring skills and strong proposal writing and presentation skills is required
- An entrepreneurial spirit to grow our Land Development practice in the Western Inland Empire area market is required
- Capability to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts is required
- Familiarity with permit application development and coordination for federal, state and local agencies is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, public speaking ability, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of water quality management, LID and NPDES requirements is preferred
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.