US Citizenship Required for this Position:
No –Teleworking not available for this position
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an endless drive to do what others this is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Sunnyvale, CA.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Marine Systems division within the Manufacturing organization. The selected candidate will work in a manufacturing environment supporting the development of work instructions for various high value gearing and steam turbine assemblies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop new processes, improve existing manufacturing processes, and develop the required tooling and fixtures with an excellent team of experienced assembly mechanics, machinists, welders and engineers.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the manufacturing environment.
- Develop efficient process flows and sequences of operations, optimized production area layouts, manage bills of materials, create detailed work instructions, process procedures and tooling requirements with emphasis on safety, foreign object elimination and equipment/system maintenance.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of new capital equipment for establishing expanded production processes.
- The ability to support multiple production shifts is required (first, second, and weekends) based on the assignment and current and future production schedules.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s)
- Be majoring in or having majored in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or closely related discipline
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite) Preferred Qualifications
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from inception through launch
- Exposure to propulsion and power plant machinery
- Exposure/understanding or specialization in the following: welding and fabrication
- Experience with SAP or similar software or the ability to quickly develop robust skill set in this area Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com