The associate at this level applies a solid foundation of electronic engineering experience to solving increasingly more difficult assignments, managing multiple priorities, leveraging known resources, doing so with minimal amounts of direct supervision. The types of problems include existing product, new products, and/or as-yet-undeveloped ideas that begin to focus more on system or sub-system solutions rather than component-specific problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts and leads design reviews to ensure design robustness and intent meets customer expectations and requirements
- Contributes to the design, development, and testing of analog/digital electronics equipment, components and systems
- Works directly with more senior engineers to develop new designs and solutions.
- Inspects electronic equipment, instruments, and systems to make sure they meet safety standards and applicable regulations.
- Circuit board soldering, assembly and debug
- Familiar with PCB design including: schematic capture, layout and simulation tools
- Hands-on experience in analog/digital circuit design down to the component and discrete level
- Good understanding of embedded programming
- Works with purchasing department to qualify and approve parts
*All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
BS/BA degree in Electronic Engineering and 4-6 years experience in a related field.
Additional Experience & Certifications:
- Solid electronic engineering experience; engineers components and systems with little supervisory technical oversight.
- Experience and knowledge working with electromechanical types of components and/or subsystems.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of appropriate industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of schematics and electronic design standards, able to fully detail PCB release packages with no assistance.
- Strong understanding of PCB design and layout standards.
- Strong understanding of different manufacturing methods and ability to produce feasible design solutions for multi-component assemblies with minimal engineering oversight.
- Practical working knowledge of stage-gate development processes.
- Experience handling moderately complex engineering issues and problems, and referring more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses intermediate working knowledge of engineering principles related to the position. Has applied engineering principles frequently in practice.
- Strong team player skills; able to work well with others and support internal/external customer needs.
Strong Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Strong Altium Designer or other similar CAD software packages
Strong Oracle Agile or other similar PLM/PDM software package
- >5000 hours experience using Altium Designer or other similar CAD package
- Demonstrated design engineering familiarity and capable of designing with light senior engineering direction:
o PCB Design and layout
o firmware development
o cable and wire harness design
o products/assemblies with consideration for Design for Manufacturability
- Strong team player skills; able to work well with others and support internal/external customer needs
- Strong understanding of electronic inspection methods; proficient at using measurement tools such as DVMs, oscilloscopes and other test equipment
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering analysis, testing and validation
- Able to effectively research design trends, material/technology, user needs and benchmark products translating findings into design concepts
- Able to take project assignments and carry them through to successful implementation with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Able to present solution concepts through sketch, verbal and formal presentation means
- Basic skill in coaching more junior-level engineers
Office Personnel- Office setting and seldom exposed fumes or airborne particles loud working environment of the shop area. Functional vision and hearing required. Physical Demand: Sedentary.
Job Type: Full-time
- both analog: 4 years (Preferred)
- digital circuit design: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift