Acting as a key member of the Project Engineering team, the Project Engineer will have broad project responsibility assisting with the daily tasks and functioning of team. The successful candidate will participate in active design projects focused on anaerobic digestion and renewable energy. Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to;
- Design coordination of solid waste, wastewater and renewable energy (bio-methane and cogeneration) related projects.
- Lead design reviews with clients and vendors with ability to understand and clearly communicate the process design intent.
- Core tasks include mechanical design, equipment selection, creation of engineering calculations, writing specifications (electrical, controls or structural), and preparation/coordination of other multidiscipline deliverables.
- Working with Anaergia designers and external consultants to create full mechanical drawing sets (P&IDs, plant layouts and site plants, piping schematics, etc.),
- Liaison with 3rd party engineering firms for electrical designs, civil design, structural design and regulatory reviews. Review and approval of deliverables created by these firms.
- Creation and adherence to project schedules (in cooperation with the project management team).
- Bill of materials development including specifying and procuring equipment.
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients, contractors, internal stakeholders and equipment vendors.
- Coordination with equipment supply vendors (both internal and external to Anaergia).
- Coordination with site installation contractors, permitting agencies and other regulatory bodies as needed.
- Site issue resolution during construction, commissioning and operation either from the office or from site. Including review of change requests and other duties as assigned.
- Review and coordination of Air Quality Permits, CEQA, and Interconnection Permits.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, chemical, mechanical, or environmental engineering or related field.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings including: PFD’s & P&IDs, mechanical arrangement drawings and plot plans, controls schematics, electrical single line diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Must have experience on multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Results oriented; demonstrated success in overcoming obstacles, maintaining timelines and budgets
- Demonstrated success in delivering complex projects involving coordination of internal resources, suppliers, subcontractors and clients through the project lifecycle including engineering design, procurement, construction, commissioning etc.
- Accomplished communicator.
- Self-starter; able to seize opportunities and move projects forward with minimal direction.
- Team player with proven ability to drive the execution of projects to aggressive delivery schedules.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Able to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization.
- Demonstrated dedication to safety.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- 5-15 years of work experience that includes work in area of specialization (core discipline) on industrial or municipal projects related to energy, wastewater treatment, and/or solid waste technologies.
- Registered professional engineering designation.
- Experience in the wastewater, waste handling, oil and gas, or power industries.
- Experience with fluid mechanics including high viscosity fluids and gas processing equipment and related processes.
- Experience with construction projects or regulatory approval processes.
- Field experience on site at construction sites.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 8 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off