Lockheed Martin is seeking an engineer with a Missile Aerodynamics background.
The targeted program will demonstrate capability for a mobile, ground-launched tactical weapon delivery system capable of carrying a variety of payloads to a variety of ranges. The System consists of a missile, canister, launch pallet, fire control, and payload. The Program will be entering Phase 3, Weapon System Integration and Demonstration Phase, a three-phase effort for integrated system design, development, and flight test. This is an aggressive program with much innovation. The Aero Engineer will be responsible for
- Development of CFD models and analyses, wind tunnel model design and testing, development of missile aerodynamics database, and supporting of pre- and post-flight analysis.
- Analysis of missile and fire control system performance against tactical and flight test targets for air and missile defense system program using a complex 6-DOF (Degree of Freedom) simulation.
- General mathematical modeling for 6-DOF missile simulations.
- Development and maintenance of data reduction and presentation tools.
- Reduction of simulation data and development of presentations used in internal and customer briefings.
- Working knowledge of higher order language, with FORTRAN and/or C programming experience a plus.
- Must possess a Secret security clearance or higher.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
- Supersonic and/or hypersonic wind tunnel testing.
- CFD analysis, preferrably CFD++ or STAR-CCM+.
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- FORTRAN, C++, Matlab, or similar coding experience.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Hypersonic vehicle design experience.
- Missile flight test experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.