CDC, Inc. – Chicago, IL – Building Envelope Consulting Technician
National/international building envelope consultancy seeks highly motivated Consulting Technician for Chicago, IL office.
Successful candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Be able to work with consultants to develop architectural details for the exterior building enclosure systems using AutoCAD and Revit. A successful candidate must have strong knowledge of AutoCAD and be familiar with Revit.
- Be able to work outdoors in the field observing installation on construction sites and assist in performing existing wall condition surveys, as well as, diagnostic testing;
- Be able to read and understand architectural drawings and technical specifications;
- Be able to communicate and work both independently and within a team environment;
- Have excellent communication and writing skills;
- Be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Bluebeam/Adobe Acrobat Pro; and
- Some travel required.
The following qualifications are considered a plus, but not required:
- 3D computer modeling skills;
- Working toward licensure (or licensed) as an Architect or Engineer.
- Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Company benefits for a full time position.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term/long-term disability benefits
- Vacation and Sick Time Off
- (8) Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Employee related events
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)