Vidaris, Inc. is a Building Envelope and Energy Consulting company that provides Curtain Wall, Roofing, Restoration, Energy, Green, Commissioning and Renewable consulting services supporting the development, construction or redesign in the commercial market sectors.
We are expanding our staff in our South Florida location and seek the following candidate.
This position will report to a Principal or designee level staff member within our Building Envelope division and will involve a variety of general functions, including but not limited to:
- Undertake facade design, detailing and analysis, and participate in testing, fabrication and construction administration.
- Advise architects and clients on building enclosure performance, constructability, and durability.
- Well versed in exterior wall construction project phases including but not limited to shop drawing, modeling, design development and construction documents
- Successful completion and history of managing projects and deliverables
- Conduct\oversee field review and progress inspection on designated projects
- Document and maintain well written reports on project related activity
- Ensure familiarity with building codes in local markets
- Advise management on related project performance\key issues, status, scheduling, effort of work and estimates for completion
- Communicate effectively and establish relationships with clients and job related management teams Produce details via hand sketching and using 2D and 3D CAD packages as required.
- Providing cross-functional support to ensure client needs and internal timelines/project activities are completed
- Maintain detailed documents and progression of work from initial proposal through completion
- Break down technical needs\deliverable; assist in managing budgetary project requirements
- Provide manpower updates and resource availability
- Occasional presentation of white paper\case studies to technical teams
- Manage staff or team and foster training\mentoring
- Minimum of 5 plus years working with building envelope\enclosure project experience within the Miami area
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Register Architect | Professional Engineer preferred
- Masters in Architecture | Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of Architectural design theories/concepts and local laws\codes
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Inspection certificates preferred
- Excellent PC computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word or suitable document writing programs
- Must demonstrate an ability to work in a dynamic team environment and proficient in problem solving.
- Ability to be detail-oriented as well as see the bigger picture
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Computer Skills: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 5 years (Preferred)
- CAD: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts