AirBorn Inc, a 100% employee-owned manufacturer for military, aerospace and other high-reliability equipment industries. Since 1958, AirBorn believes employees are the company’s most important asset. We, as employee owners, are responsible for the creative ingenuity that contributes to the company’s success. Part of the excitement of working at AirBorn is knowing that each one of us plays a role in shaping the future achievements of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts studies on customer proposals for connector systems.
- Develops connector systems based on customer input, production specifications, test data and standard engineering practices.
- Details drawings and coordinates building of prototype product and testing.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Responsible for ensuring the final design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring that designs and projects are complete on time and at a reasonable cost.
- Develops manufacturing process to produce newly designed parts.
- Designs and details tools for making components or for assembly.
- Resolves problems related to assigned projects by working with vendor, customers, shop personnel and others as necessary.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university, vocational or technical school,
- Three to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
[Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet]
ITAR COMPLIANCE This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines "U.S. Person" as U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., person admitted as a refugee to the U.S., person granted asylum in the U.S., or person granted the status of alien lawfully admitted for temporary residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. §1160(a) (for special agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. §1255(a)(1) (an amnesty program).