Electronic Controls Engineer
The Process Controls Engineer isresponsible for providing automation solutions that increase efficiency andreliability in the manufacturing of Oriented Strand Board. Projects includeboth retrofits and new systems involving PLC s, industrial computers, processinstrumentation, project management and other control devices. The majoremphasis is on analyzing and solving complex technical problems and identifyingopportunities to continually improve the up time, reliability, and performanceof equipment.
This position is also responsiblefor developing materials specification, equipment schedules and PLC and HMIprogramming.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair instrument, electronic, and electrical equipment on the site to manufacturers specifications;
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting operating systems.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting Programmable Electronic Systems (Distributed Controller Systems and Programmable Logic Control Systems) during start-up and day-to-day operations.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting electrical equipment such as motors, switchgear, and motor control centers during start-up and day-to-day operations.
- Design, develop, and program software for real time Programmable Electronic Systems (Distributed Controller Systems and Programmable Logic Control Systems).
- Design and develop graphical user screens utilized within human machine interfaces (HMI’s).
- Troubleshoot and configure control communication networks
- Provide Technical support in the development and review of work scopes, test procedures, alarm response procedures, commissioning plans and vendor reports.
- Modify control system logic and industrial machinery to optimize equipment performance and control.
- Perform oversight of OEM control and electrical modifications.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, industry, and various program
- Read and understand pneumatic, hydraulic, electric, and electronic documentation and drawings, and interpret equipment data.
- Test, inspect, and adjust control instrumentation and determine causes of instrument malfunction.Develop and maintain control logic modification process
Startup/operational support experience for high volume industrial manufacturing operations
- In-depth knowledge of the electrical and/or instrument/control craft typically gained through considerable hands-on work experience
- Control system upgrade experience
- In-depth Knowledge of Control Logix and RS Logix programming, hardware, and firmware.
- Ability to define and configure devices on network through software interface.
- Knowledge of the design and configuration of control systems using ControlNet, DeviceNet and Ethernet I/P.
- Abilty to convert PLC5 hardware and software to Controllogix.
- Ability to network from Cisco or Rockwell software and hardware components such as Stratix 8000, 5200, or 6000 switches and Powerflex drives 755, 753, 525, and 523
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and documentation
- Familiar with conveyors, short cycle press systems, drying equipment, pumps, gearboxes, etc.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems Operation
- Must Possess a 4-year engineering degree in Electrical, Control Systems and/or similar field and have 2-4 years of professional electronic/ controls engineering experience and 5-7 years of related engineering experience or
- Must posses 10-15 years experience in the use of advanced controls techniques through a combination of hands-on experience and specialized training on electrical and/or instrument/control.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off