Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
This entry level Engineering position will focus on providing Engineering support and expertise to the Southwest Technical Operations organization. This includes specialized aircraft, engine, and component repairs, modifications, and troubleshooting accomplished on the Southwest fleet
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
- Evaluate and process manufacturer’s service documents (Service Bulletins, Service Letters, etc.), regulatory requirements (Airworthiness Directives, Notice of Proposed Rule Making, Code of Federal Regulations, etc.).
- Participate in the development and substantiation of in-house repairs and modifications for implementation into the SWA maintenance program.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Planning, Materials, Quality, Production and other stakeholders for assigned projects to develop project implementation plans.
- Participate in troubleshooting and resolution of in-service issues.
- Participate in activities related to various types of cost/benefit analysis.
- Develop Engineering documentation to support resolution of in-service issues.
- Participate in activities related to OEM and Supplemental Type Certificate Holder products.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor or Master of Science in an ABET accredited course of study in Engineering
- May have anticipated graduation date within 6 months from posting date.
FAA Airframe and Powerplant license preferred.
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to bend, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to travel long hallways in large buildings and in between campus buildings
- Must be able to work well under pressure and with scheduled timelines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone as well as within group settings.
- Excellent writing skills are required as well as a proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Self-motivation and initiative to achieve consistent results are required.
- Organizational proficiency must be demonstrated.
- Must be conscientious and detail oriented.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply