SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER’s workforce is located across eight locations in the United States. The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Test Engineer II is an engineer who determines the best test method, equipment, and environment to test firearm and weapon systems.
- Test Engineer II is chiefly responsible for completion of test projects and fixture implementation.
Education and/or Experience:
- Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications.
- Documents and analyzes test cases and provides feedback and recommendations for product or design changes.
- Contributes to the development of improvements to overall testing and quality programs for improved results.
- May coordinate with vendors or suppliers to modify or develop testing for components or other parts.
- Expert at weapon systems testing standards, including NATO and United States United States Department of Defense test procedures.
- Suggests improvements to systems, facilities, and processes.
- Executes Continuous Improvement projects as assigned.
- Responsible for test fixture and apparatus design, build facilitation, and all phases of implementation.
- Ability to design and create 3D printed prototypes from solid models.
- Ability to create detailed part drawings to ASME Y14.5 – 2009 standards.
- Organizational resource regarding the principles of materials and systems testing and evaluation.
- Able to author a complex test plan, facilitate its execution, and record the data without supervision.
- Ability to extrapolate test data into a technical test report for submittal to external customers, to include United States Department of Defense, other branches of the U.S. Government, and other agencies of foreign governments without supervision.
- Ability to direct the work of Test Technicians to accomplish an assigned objective.
- Must be able to travel infrequently.
- Participates in and sustains 5S Standards.
- Engages in and actively volunteers for Continuous Improvement projects/tasks.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
- 3 years of experience as a Test Engineer in an R&D department preferred.
- Solidworks 2017 expert user preferred.
- Microsoft Office expert user preferred.
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5-2009 Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Engineering Drawing and Related Documentation Practices.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.