Schaeffler, a dynamic growing global automotive & industrial supplier, is seeking a Design - Engineer, E-Motor to support our growing manufacturing facility in Wooster, Ohio.
Key responsibilities include but are limited to:
Will perform the simulations, calculations and analysis necessary to ensure a design meets both internal and customer expectations.
Requirements management in coordination with the program manager, development engineers, and design engineers.
Includes analysis, simulation and verification of the electrical components as well as presenting these results.
Will be responsible for specifying the motor parameters and requirements to achieve specific performance targets and through accurate modeling and simulation perform sizing and trade-off studies.
Close cooperation with testing engineers is necessary to specify testing conditions, support testing and evaluate the results in regards to torque, power and temperature characteristics.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Strong knowledge of electromagnetic physics and its application
- Experience designing electric machines in academic and professional setting
- Solid understanding of various types of electric machines and their dynamic modeling
- Advanced knowledge of e-motor controls and measurements
- Experience using Python, C/C++, Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with FEA modelling software such as Ansys Maxwell, JMAG or FLUX
- Understanding of E-Motor manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of the Product Development Process
- Microsoft Office
- Communication ability (written & verbal)
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated & driven to achieve results
- Continuous improvement approach
- Assertive approach to solving problems
- Ability to prioritize, make recommendations and present results
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (MS or Ph.D. preferred)
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job Function Product Development
Primary Location United States-Ohio-Wooster
Job Posting Apr 24, 2020, 7:55:45 AM
Unposting Date Jul 30, 2020, 10:59:00 PM