Provide insight and technical leadership in the areas of Powertrain Dynamics, Engine Integration, and NVH to support the design and development of new powertrain architectures at Polaris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loads Generation; Calculation of cranktrain loads, engine mount loads, gear forces.
- Durability Analysis: Support Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and fatigue analysis with simulated flex body deformations.
- Support NVH and Acoustics: Support powertrain rubber engine mount integration and acoustic simulations by coordinating modeling activities with the NVH group.
- CAE Data Interpretation; Reporting and documentation including interpretation to peers and leadership.
- Test Data Analysis; Understand powertrain design attributes through test data analysis.
- Correlation: Examination of test data to drive correlation and analysis problem set development.
- Knowledge Network: Documents best practices and helps develop knowledge base of procedures, methods, and metrics.
- Methods Development; Implementation of customer-focused Polaris-specific Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) tools and best practices. Automation and continuous improvement.
- Early Integration: Apply knowledge and tools to aid architecture selection and target setting early in design.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred Software Skills: Multi-Body Dynamics (MBD) tools (MSC ADAMS / FEV Virtual Engine). The incorporation of FEA flexible body modal neutral files to capture dynamic performance and evaluate durability is a plus.
- Secondary software skills or exposure to Ansys FEA software, nCode Glyphworks, or equivalent data analysis tools is desired.
- 5+ Years’ experience or exposure to advanced numerical problems such as modal analysis, forced vibration response, transfer path analysis, dynamic loads generation, structural analysis, and durability assessment.
- Knowledgeable in Powertrain Dynamics, Engine Mounting Architecture, TPA, Sound Power Radiation, Vibration Isolation Design, and Modal Alignment desirable.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adapting any and all tools for data-based decision-making.
- Powersports knowledge a plus
- Passion to deliver for the customer.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites.
- B.S. Engineering required; advanced degree preferred.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,709.00 - $124,842.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location