Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Become part of our team as an in-country engineer for the KF-X effort. This program provides technical assistance to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) to develop an advanced, multi-role fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force. This position will be located in Sacheon, South Korea and the selected candidate will deploy from their current location in the second quarter of 2020.
The Flight Test Engineer will support the KF-X fighter program in Sacheon, Republic of Korea as technical advisor. Will advise the KAI Test and Evaluation vice president, senior managers, and mentor/coach KAI flight test engineering personnel.
Responsible for providing technical guidance for the development of detailed test plans, safety analysis and conduct of test operations. Will also provide guidance and recommendations for program planning and risk mitigation as well as alignment of capabilities, program requirements and test objectives in support of program milestones.
May also advise on process and procedure improvement, metrics reporting and coordinating and developing “work around plans”.
Will support the test program, flight and ground test readiness reviews, and flight test requirements alignment with exit criteria for the Initial Production Authorization (IPA) and Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) complete milestones.
In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount. The candidate should also have a background that demonstrates effective cross-functional team building and coordination skills. The successful candidate will serve as a subject matter expert and train and mentor customer engineers. Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Candidate must be able to relocate to South Korea. Candidate must be eligible for a Korean Work Visa.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualification are the skills a candidate must possess to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
- 9 years’ experience working aircraft flight test
- Experience as Flight Test Engineer on a fighter aircraft program during Engineering Manufacturing Development (EMD), System Design and Development (SDD) or large upgrade program.
- Experience in the primary areas of detailed flight test planning and test operations conduct, as well as recent test conductor and/or test director experience.
- Experience in test techniques and test support requirements of multiple discipline areas, such as flight sciences, vehicle systems, weapons integration or mission avionics.
- Experience integrating requirements into an optimized test execution strategy.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others.
- Experience in performing mission control room training , the methods and approaches used to establish an effective training syllabus, as well as qualification management.
- Understanding of fighter aircraft capabilities and requirements.
- Recent experience with process and procedures for flight test planning, flight test operations and flight test safety.
- Experience developing and executing envelope expansion testing and planning integrated and concurrent mission avionics tests.
- Experience in developing work around and flight rate improvement plans, as well as flight test road map and test mission optimization.
- Experience in developing and managing aircraft operating limitations.
- Experience in a work environment governed by International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) limitations.
- Effective writing and speaking communication abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Experience effectively integrating into a diverse team with the ability to adapt to a foreign culture and work environment.
- Experience working with international customers, particularly the Korean Government or culture
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.