PROTECTION AND CONTROLS ASSET RISK ENGINEER
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
We are seeking an experienced Professional Engineer, who will provide risk management support for Manitoba Hydro's Asset Management Division, operations and engineering stakeholders.
- Closely collaborate with stakeholders to establish protocols and procedures for asset information collection methodologies that provide the information required for risk methodologies, asset health and asset criticality measures.
- Enhance established methods and implement improved innovative methods to quantify asset system risks and analysis required for risk quantification.
- Perform root cause analysis with advanced analytical techniques to enhance understanding of ultimate protection and controls asset risks drivers and emerging risks in other cross-functional areas.
- Establish and seek approval from senior management for tolerances for asset health and risk, work closely with stakeholders to implement trend analysis and estimate future asset health and risk for a long-term scanning horizon.
- Operate and make decisions in the face of uncertainty, including the performance of risk assessments with incomplete information and developing methods for incorporating subject matter expertise through close collaboration with stakeholders.
- Initiate research to ensure high quality of the Asset Risk Framework by investigating best practices and concepts from internal and external groups and provide recommendations to improve the Asset Risk Framework.
- Provide clear and concise asset risk documentation to internal customers to assist with the interpretation of risk results and understand longer term needs.
- Act as an internal consulting specialist in risk modeling to support internal customers on an as-needed basis and advise leaders on major risk drivers.
- Represent Manitoba Hydro in projects with asset risk consultants and industry groups.
- Graduate in Engineering from a University of recognized standing with a minimum of seven years' related experience, including three years' experience in a risk management, project management or change management leadership role.
- Professional Member in good standing with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Three years' Engineering experience related to the following assets: governors, exciters, protection, controls and automation (AC and Generation), or SCC infrastructure.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of risk concepts, including quantitative risk analysis techniques, failure modes and effects analysis, event tree analysis or value frameworks.
- Self-motivated with the desire and demonstrated ability to keep abreast of significant developments in risk assessment techniques, practices and software.
- An Institute of Asset Management Certificate in Asset Management would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels inside and outside the Corporation with diplomacy.
- Ability to perform in a coordinating role effectively in a cross-disciplinary team environment.
- Previous experience with GIS software, database programming, data aggregation or energy system information databases is considered an asset.
MANITOBA HYDRO IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.
Reference Code: CO56591544-01
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for the classification is $47.09-$64.51 Hourly, $90,229.10-$123,616.48 Annually.
Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is JULY 4, 2022.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,229.10-$123,616.48 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care