Responsible for the generation of flow, electrical, assembly and other related drawings relative to specific model systems. These drawings are generated from sketches, markups or from option code descriptions using SolidWorks, AutoCAD Mechanical or AutoCAD Electrical software. Designs and develops drawings for component parts, complete system layouts for production use, internal orders, fabrication purposes, new orders and quotations by performing the following duties.
- Generate new complete and accurate working drawings (schematics) for production on AutoCAD and under the direction of product line engineers.
- Generate drawings for "project" work relative to all product lines and company in general. (Drafting services to all departments).
- Maintain scheduling for new drawing generation based on production schedule demand for new orders.
- Maintain drawing revisions based on production and customer changes to existing orders.
- Customize AutoCAD for windows "directories" or blocks for drawings (systems options).
- Maintain drawing logs for all systems, including (new unit orders, revisions, drawings verified and approval drawings).
- Maintain drawing number file in Navision for all systems which includes the update of pertinent information on the item / BOM cards.
- Maintain drawing filing system for all drawings completed in Solid Works and AutoCAD before and after check.
- Maintain drawing revisions in Solid Works and AutoCAD.
- Create solid modeled drawings for large systems (pump tanks, centrals, custom water and oil systems etc.) for assemblers & welders uses.
- Create and maintain component part drawings (libraries) of parts to be used for system designs in Solid Works.
- Revise existing designs to conform to Engineering changes.
- Works from verbal & written instructions to develop designs from concept to finished product/design.
- Work independently and with product line engineers to design concepts to complete "finished" design drawings.
- Create labels for orders as required.
- Plot/print drawings when required for production and system user manuals.
- Develops and continually updates documentation and procedures related to the designer’s job functions.
- Develops/improvements (continuous) to existing system and product designs.
- Provide purchasing with list of required supplies for drafting department.
- Has a thorough knowledge of CAD and standard drafting practices.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place