Our comprehensive, 12-week paid internship program gives you the opportunity to test your skills working for the nation’s leading producer of cleaner fuels and developer of renewable chemicals. This internship will begin May 18, 2020 and end August 7, 2020.
The purpose of this position is to aid Renewable Energy Group (REG) by assisting the legal team with a focus on research, policy and practice analysis, and document review related to REG’s biomass-based diesel business. This will include statutory, regulatory, and case law evaluation as well as internal and external contract and corporate governance document review, retention, and organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Key Accountabilities:
Online legal research
- Synthesize statutory, regulatory, and case law research to support internal policy development
- Gather information from the business community to evaluate against current company practice
- Perform research to assist the Legal Department in answering questions as they arise in the normal course of business
- Assist in the review of corporate governance documents for consistency and compliance
- Analyze and summarize company agreements
- Review contracts, marketing materials, proposals, and other corporate documents for legal issues
- Assist with the implementation of key business projects
- Coordinate Project details, monitor progression, and verify completion
- Develop project work plans, schedules and business models
- Communicate with all groups involved
- Final follow-up involving legal review
Perform other duties as assigned
4 year bachelor’s degree and must have 2 semesters completed in law school prior to internship start
- Class rank in top one-third of class
**Must provide unofficial transcript from 1st semester with application
**Business environment experience, relevant courses, club participation and internship preferred
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
Legal research (Lexis or Westlaw)
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.