Join Environmental Partners (EP) in our Middletown, CT office and move your career forward at a well-respected and award winning firm where career development, training, and mentoring co-exist with diverse civil, environmental, and transportation projects in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Named a Hot Firm by the Zweig Group in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 which “honors the fastest growing firms in the AEC industry.” EP is a rapidly growing multidisciplinary engineering firm and an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in municipal water, wastewater, and/or stormwater engineering projects, including planning, design, and construction of related projects in Connecticut or Massachusetts. This individual will be based in Middletown, Connecticut, yet may be involved in multiple project assignments with diverse clients throughout the firm.
Some of the things you may be doing:
- Prepare design calculations for wastewater collection, water distribution systems, stormwater drainage, wastewater and drinking water treatment facilities, groundwater pumping stations, and water storage tanks under the direction of Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Engineer.
- Use AutoCAD to support design drawings for water, wastewater, and stormwater projects. Coordinate field data collection efforts including water quality sampling, survey using GIS and traditional survey equipment, report review, subsurface/geologic investigations, and interviews/discussions with clients.
- Prepare documents for public bidding for water, wastewater, or stormwater projects with support from Project Manager or working independently.
- Complete hydraulic evaluations of water distribution and wastewater collection systems using hydraulic modeling, prepare system mapping, and participate in master planning.
- Prepare state and/or local permits for water/wastewater/stormwater projects.
- Prepare reports describing the objectives, methods, results and conclusions from field efforts, such as I/I or SSES work, water quality sampling programs, or design activities related to water, wastewater, or stormwater projects.
Must have Professional Engineering registration or working towards obtaining the license. A minimum or five (5) years of work experience, and a knowledge of public bidding and permitting processes. Excellent communication and writing skills.