Reporting to the Director of Administrative Information Systems (AIS), this full-time position will consult with Business Process Specialists, Developers and Project Managers during the functional design of applications, as well as providing technical expertise and leadership to other IT professionals during solution development and implementation. Designed solutions may include integration of multiple data sources, vendor packages and custom software running on diverse platforms. Position responsibilities include development, technical documentation, testing/debugging, and operational support of mission-critical production systems.
- Five years of knowledge in developing applications using Oracle/PeopleSoft toolset or other programming languages such as .Net or JAVA
- Five years of knowledge of designing relational database tables, views, and writing and executing advanced SQL data manipulation statements
- Five years of knowledge in performing systems requirements analysis and documenting user requirements
- Five years of knowledge in critically analyzing problems or issues at the process level
- Ability to gain knowledge of ICIT's policies, procedures, and standards in system design and specifications, program development, documentation, planning and status reporting
- Experience with large, complex Financials, Human Resources or Student Information administrative systems desired
- Knowledge in developing applications using other programming languages such as .Net or JAVA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness and ability to be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and skills
- Ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
45% A. System Analysis/Consulting
30% C. Develop and maintain complex computer programs using computer technologies
15% B. Project Leadership
10% D. Miscellaneous responsibilities
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the 26-campus University of Wisconsin System (https://www.wisconsin.edu).
Founded in 1868, UW–Whitewater is one of eleven comprehensive universities in a public higher education system that also includes two doctoral institutions, 13 freshman-sophomore branch colleges, and a statewide Extension. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Campus and Rock Campus are located conveniently near Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago, and thus offers the advantage of beautiful small-town environments with easy access to the cultural and commercial opportunities of major metropolitan areas.
UW-Whitewater has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of universal design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the state. UW-Whitewater is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT:
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Only applications direct through UW-Whitewater will be accepted.
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Office Operations Associate
Only complete application packages will be considered. A complete application includes online submission of the following documents (at uww.edu/employment):
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
- Three Professional/Supervisory References with names and contact information
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at 262-472-1024.
This Job ID is 15580
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- software development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement