The successful candidate will work in a team environment to perform the following: process design, relief valve sizing, develop heat and material balances, process flow diagrams and piping and instrument diagrams, size and specify large scale petroleum refining equipment including reactors, fired heaters, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, fractionation towers, piping and related equipment. The technologies involved will be diverse and cutting edge, spanning all aspects of modern refinery and petrochemical operations.
- Developing flow diagrams, relief valve sizing, heat and material balances, process design and assessment of mechanical equipment, hydraulic modeling, and design of over-pressure protection for new and existing equipment
- Engineering and process design for pressure vessels, tanks, pumps, and compressors
- Manage front end development through to final appropriation
- Managing multiple project, budgets and scope changes
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years experience in process engineering- including process design
- Candidate must have a background in refinery / petrochemical
- Candidate must be capable of working multiple projects at different phases of development at one time, OT may be required on occasion
- Candidate must have experience with process simulation
- Software experience includes ASPEN HYSYS, ProMax, PipeFlow
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills both- written and verbal.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, client focused, team player, and committed to technical excellence
- Critical thinking skills for problem solving, follow through
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer, or willing to commit to receiving one in a timely manner.