Diversified Project Services International (DPSI) is a leader in engineering, surveying, planning, permitting, inspection, and construction services. We serve clients in the petroleum, chemical, and power industries as well as commercial and residential development, energy, public agencies, schools, military and agriculture. (DPSI) is an equal opportunity employer and is currently accepting new applications from qualified professionals for the following full-time position:
Prepare drawings and improvement plans used in civil engineering projects based on the design provided by a civil designer or civil engineer, with minimal assistance. Such plans include grading and drainage plans, street, sewer, storm drain and water plans, pipelines, erosion control plans. Must be able to produce both plan and profiles.
Essential Job Function
- Produce improvement plans, exhibits and drawings using Civil 3D, working under the direction of a civil designer and a Licensed Civil Engineer.
- Produce maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures.
- Create maps, diagrams and profiles using Civil 3D design surfaces.
- Draft plan and profile views of improvement plans, such as street, storm drain, sewer, water and other underground improvements, using smart labels, and other methods.
- Draft plan view of detailed, and rough grading plans for various clientele, such as commercial and industrial developers, and oil field operations.
- Create and manipulate construction details and cross sections.
- Understand the order of work and method of presentation, based on different drafting requirements for each agency.
- Finish and duplicate drawings and documentation packages, according to required mediums and specifications for reproduction using blueprinting, photography, or other duplicating methods.
- Ability to address redlined comments from public agency or internal review.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from civil engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
- Calculate excavation tonnage and prepare graphs and fill-hauling diagrams for use in earth-moving operations.
- Other duties as apply
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Civil 3D design components and drafting techniques.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and exhibits.
- Ability to use mathematics (algebra and geometry) to solve problems.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- Effective verbal and written communication.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in Civil drafting or design
- Minimum of 3 year experience using ACAD Civil 3D
- Background knowledge in the land development industry
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite program Some drafting and Civil Engineering college courses taken
Job Type: Full-time