Lockheed Martin is seeking a Packaging Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX to develop preservation, packaging and packing methods using automated design data to protect materials, parts and assemblies being shipped to the customer. Furnish detailed packaging instructions to Shipping personnel for use in preparing materials for delivery. Select applicable packaging methods using current specifications and procedures. Understand requirements and assure compliance with DOT regulations on shipment of hazardous materials. Perform testing on packaging materials and prepare written reports for management review. Contact vendors and maintain a current file of the latest technology in packaging materials and equipment. Supply instructions to Shipping for application of reusable containers. Transmit packaging information into the data processing system. Prepare packaging data for submittal to customers as required. Examine contracts to determine preservation and package requirements. Prepare minor estimates of preservation and packaging costs for submittal to cost estimating groups. Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Packaging Engineering or other related Degree.
- Ability to train and become certified in all processes and procedures applicable to packaging and shipping.
- Understanding / ability to train and certify in 49 CFR HAZMAT transportation courses.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated skills in leading a work team and training a small group.
- Computer experience including MSOffice skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and develop written instruction from technical drawings and documents.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Ability to work additional time outside of normal work schedule.
- Background working knowledge of Package Engineering practices.
- Receiving / Shipping inspection background is a plus.
- SAP, WEB Based, Shipper, Government Bills of Lading,
- Hazardous Material Training 49CFR, IATA, IMDG, AFMAN.
- Packaging Engineering degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of DoD.4145
- PRO-E and ArtiosCAD experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.