Director of Data Science: Computer Vision (Remote)
Handled is re-defining how Transportation & Logistics operates, can help humanity, and how tech-driven genius can disrupt the user experience towards less stress and a better life. In order to continually improve the lives of others, we are seeking an ambitious DSML / AI Leader to push the boundaries of Computer Vision.
This career requires getting your hands dirty with all aspects of the Computer Vision environment, from improving the way our technology gathers and understands images to achieving automation of tasks that humans can do. Due to its wide-spanning, interdisciplinary nature that cuts across teams of developers, engineers, and scientists, this role demands both a near insatiable curiosity and a service-oriented, collaborative spirit that helps unite all visions towards the product and user experience; Technology Evangelist.
- Take ownership over all aspects of Computer Vision.
- Be able to lead the firm further into Computer Vision technology.
- Continuously generate ideas and build tools to improve the quality and processes for our teams and users and product.
- Convey technical, complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Learn new programming languages as necessary.
- Team player that is willing to have fun and work hard in a fast-paced, teaching principled startup environment.
- Continuous self-improvement; willing to give and accept feedback.
- A Master's or Ph.D in a quantitative field (e.g., computer science, math)
- Working experience in a data science capacity, preferably working as a Head of Data Science. She or he will also have a demonstrated and successful experience leading a data science team through the implementation of new data science models, tools, and techniques that lead to improvement if business performance due to a continued culture of informed decision-making.
- Expertise within the Computer Vision ecosystem.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $180,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply