The Chief Engineer will report directly to the Property Operations Manager who directs this important project.
This is a full time day shift position. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FULL TIME
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the overall facilitation of sustained reliable service to prolong equipment life and systems by ensuring that: all equipment and systems are properly maintained; materials, supplies and equipment and all other resources are available and provided; PM Schedules are strictly adhered to and assigned properly; equipment repair history records are accurate and maintained in the work order system; equipment breakdown/failures are minimized; and all reports are completed within the designated timeframe and format.
The Chief Engineer is directly responsible for ensuring building tours and watches are completed daily. The Chief Engineer and O&M Staff will conduct mechanical/electrical system tours.
The Chief Engineer develops repair methods and procedures; oversees the preventive and predictive maintenance programs; provides technical guidance and/or training to the O&M staff; oversees the O&M work center supplies and materials; and perform special tasks, as required.
At least 3 years of experience supervising operation and maintenance of a complex commercial, educational, or government facility.
At least 3 years experience with Building Automation System.
DC 3rd Class Engineer license required, DC 1st Class highly valued
LEED Certification a plus
DC Residency highly valued
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Chief Engineer: 5 years (Preferred)
- Washington, DC (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply