ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT – JOB DESCRIPTION
We are a dedicated team of construction professionals servicing our clients and community by building with integrity, innovation, and quality. Hegg Construction upholds the highest standards in job site safety, safe building practices, and employee safety education. Our core markets include commercial construction, land developments, hospitality, mixed use and multifamily housing. The vast majority of our projects are negotiated or internally driven.
At Hegg Construction we provide dynamic career opportunities and mentoring for our employees. We are proud of our emphasis on fostering a strong sense of family through caring, mutual respect, and promoting a strong work / life balance. We encourage leadership training and continuing education at all levels. We continuously strive to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent.
The Assistant Superintendent’s primary responsibility is to support the Superintendent and Project Manager in the successful completion of assigned projects. The Assistant Superintendent participates in overseeing job site safety, quality, project scheduling, and communications with the architect and consultants on field and constructability issues. Occasional travel is required. This position reports to the Project Superintendent.
- Assist Superintendent with managing job site safety, quality, and schedule for assigned projects from pre-construction to closeout.
- Ensure Hegg Construction’s standards of quality and safety are adhered to by assertively championing Hegg Construction’s safety culture to project team and subcontractors.
- Work collaboratively with Project Manager, project team members, and field.
- Represent Hegg Construction in a professional manner.
- Assist in managing the field and project team successfully and collaboratively.
- Perform rough carpentry and finish carpentry tasks as required.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships and communication with client, Project Manager, project team, consultants/architect/engineers, subcontractors, adjacent community, trade unions, governmental agencies.
- Assist with setting up job site logistics, field coordination, and project schedule.
- Participate in the review all project documents for constructability and content, including shop drawings.
- Maintain and update project records including RFI’s, ASI’s and as-builts.
- Assist with creating and enforcing a site-specific emergency action plan for assigned projects in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Coordinate subcontractors.
- Coordinate with building inspections, subcontractor inspections, and agencies.
- In collaboration with the Superintendent perform daily job site walks and submit daily safety audit reports.
- Conduct and/or attend Foreman meetings, pre-task meeting, safety meetings and project staff meetings.
- Assist with the management of job site manpower production and performance.
- Use project management and scheduling software effectively.
- Attend company and industry events including meetings, trainings, workshops, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned or needed.
Minimum 4 years of experience as a Foreman, or equivalent role, in the construction industry. Degree in Construction Management, or related field, preferred. Candidates must have an understanding of the construction industry, job site safety requirements, planning and scheduling, building trades and sequence of work, and relevant technology. Key competencies are initiative, communication, teamwork, and dependability. Must be able to read plans and specifications.
Technical skills: ProCore, MS Office Suite, Bluebeam
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodations, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to conditions that include weather such as heat and/or humidity and cold, fumes or airborne particles, exposure to dust and asphalt, and moving mechanical parts. There may be occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. Conditions can also include risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment can often be loud.
The Assistant Superintendent is regularly required to:
- Walk, climb stairs, sit, and stand.
- Talk and hear at normal levels.
- See with close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and have the ability to adjust focus.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Use hands and fingers to operate tools and other business machines.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
Supplemental insurance plans 401K with employer matching
Vacation / Sick Time
Incentive compensation bonus
Hegg Construction is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Construction Experience: 4 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)