We are DONE! Berlin, an international company in the field of organizational consulting. This also includes the recruitment, which we take over for renowned ventures or startup customers nationally and internationally.
For our client Dorado Games, we are currently looking for an intelligent Backend Developer (m/f/x) to join the team in a mission of creating captivating strategy games across all platforms for an international audience.
Dorado Games is a well-established video games studio founded in Malta in 2011. It is a part of Stillfront Group Sweden – an organization consisting of twelve international studios employing more than 650 professionals worldwide. Dorado crew has worked on international titles like EVE Online, Wolfenstein, Battlefield and Battlestar Galactica Online, both as publishers and developers.
As a Backend developer, you will be a part of the interdisciplinary team, developing and adding to the new line-up of online games, starting with Conflict of Nations: World War 3 and another unannounced title. Workwise you can expect an agile and inspiring environment utilizing a blend of proven and new technologies, with the game’s backend being based on Java, PHP and MySQL. You will be:
- Developing the backend for the new game features and integrating them with the frontend
- Writing and maintaining fast code, adhering to international standards
- Writing and maintaining detailed technical design and software documentation
- Collaborating closely with all departments and key members to create and deliver an exceptional and involving online game play experience
- Working closely with the team on new ideas/ features and implementing them
We are looking for an ambitious and creative candidate, who will enjoy working in a small team and who is passionate about video games and creating deep gameplay experiences. Ideally, you have:
- Proven track record (2+ years) of working with Java, PHP and MySQL, preferably related to video games development
- Knowledge of multiplayer/PvP/online game development practices
- Experience in shipping, releasing or live developing on at least one commercial product or game
- Ability to produce fast, well documented and easily extendable code
- Ability to articulate and document technical designs clearly and analytically
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Team spirit and entrepreneurial mindset
- Familiarity with agile software development and scrum-based working environments
- Partially remote and home office options possible
- Indefinite contract, 4-day work week
- Private health insurance
- Professional development support
Does it sound like your next exciting challenge? We are looking forward to hearing from you!