As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect employers to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentives, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Remote AMERICAS Base Salary Range:
116,000 - 142,000 USD per year
The International Team works to make all of Indeed’s products effective at getting people hired, in every market and language. This involves translating the needs of specific markets into configuration patterns that let us scale those variations worldwide. We consider both sides of the experience, meaning that we internationalize employer-facing products (such as posting jobs and managing candidates) and jobseeker-facing products (such as mobile job search, updating profiles, and messaging-app based experiences). Most importantly, the team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business. At the end of the day, it is about helping people get jobs in every market and language.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer in an International Platforms Forward Deployed Engineering (FDE) team, you will partner with Product, UX, and other engineering teams to enable Indeed’s products to delight all our users worldwide. You will work to evolve Indeed’s products to address international opportunities, potentially working on solutions that span multiple teams. You will embed with other teams to help them make core parts of the product better suited for different market needs. This configuration goes well beyond simple language translation and localisation, and into the behavior of the features themselves.
As a member of one of our International Platforms Forward Deployed Engineering (FDE) teams, you will be a "dual citizen" who is fully a member of the International Platforms team, but works deeply in the code bases of and with your "host" team to address long-standing issues which have blocked strong adoption of your host team’s products and platforms in Indeed’s international markets.
You are a full-stack engineer — ideally equally comfortable working on the back and front end — who is passionate about driving great product experiences across the world. You understand that the teams which have the greatest impact are those with great individuals who can collaborate and deliver more together than they possibly could individually.
- 5+ years of experience planning, architecting, designing, and developing platform software.
- Proven track record in delivering and maintaining scalable solutions in the payments processing domain.
- Proficiency developing object-oriented software in Java and related frameworks (or equivalent), especially in concurrent and async usages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Java, Spring Framework, Protobuf, ReST, GraphQL and JSON.
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with React.
- Strong knowledge of one or more SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with design and development of scalable web services and platforms.
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures.
- Strong knowledge of one or more cloud-based environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for debugging complex issues.
- Proficiency with Linux based environments.
- Experience with git, Continuous Integration systems (Hudson/Jenkins) & Bug Tracking (Jira) tools.
- Experience with using agile methodologies for software development.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Experience in product internationalization desirable.
- Experience living and/or working outside of the US is a positive.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks:
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms:
EEO and Accommodations Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.