The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
As an Office Engineer with Jacobs, you will:
Review, track, process and distribute submittals, RFI’s, RFC’s, design submittals, shop drawings, product data, and work plans.
- Review submittals, deliverables and other construction documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Receive, record, and compile review comments. Maintain a list of submittals, deliverables and other construction documents.
- Report on progress of submittal, RFI, and design submittal reviews at progress meetings.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets. Update and utilize Primavera Contract Management Software.
- Maintain a set of progress prints of all drawings and specifications that include but are not limited to scope and contract drawings, design progress drawings, AFC drawings, shop drawings, contract specifications and AFC specifications.
- Prepare work plans, drawings, safety guidelines, maintenance requirements, training requirements, specifications, estimates, and operational needs.
- Analyzes data, specifications, and drawings/blueprints.
- Assist in monitoring work for compliance with schedule, budget, technical, safety, and legal requirements.
- Review new rules, regulations, and codes for project applicability.
- Prepare technical reports, feasibility studies, economic analyses, and correspondence. Assist in coordinating services with outside agencies.
- Maintain projects files and records. Interpret contract specifications, codes and safety orders.
At least Five (5) years of experience working on large civil construction projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or other related field.
Engineer-in-training registration is required.
Registration as a Professional Engineer is desirable.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.