About Bitcoin Well:
Bitcoin Well has been making bitcoin accessible and understood since 2013. We are 8 years old in an 8 year old industry with our nation-wide Bitcoin ATM network, our website offerings and in-person consultations out of corporate HQ in Edmonton. We are growing exponentially and are looking for team members to help us continue to impact and disrupt the legacy finance market. We are excited to continue growing our marketing team and need a fearless leader. Consistent with the Bitcoin Well culture, this leadership role requires you to be excited to roll up your sleeves alongside your team, modeling excellence and coaching growth.
About the role:
As the Intermediate Software Developer you will be collaborating on projects, creating, maintaining and doing break/fix solutions relating to architecture, implementation, testing, maintenance, as well as be responsible for designing fully functioning, debugged code with required documentation that meets development goals.
This role will be focused on supporting Bitcoin Well’s legacy technologies, as well as developing new technology solutions that are requested.
- Development of hardware and web applications
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts, user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance on existing legacy software applications
- Break/fix support for legacy software
- Providing customer support and solutioning when needed for legacy software
- Collaborate effectively with the business and technical team(s) to deliver high-quality solutions and support
- 2-3 years experience in software development
- BSc Computing Science or equivalent
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with agile development practices
- Experience using JIRA, BitBucket and Confluence
- Experience working with Linux or other command line operating systems
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision
- Experience prioritizing work loads and estimating effort for all requested work
- 3 + years experience in software development related roles
- Innovative and like a good challenge, you are able to brainstorm new ways to engage with our community
- Risk-taker who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Team player with no ego. Willing to do whatever it takes
- Strategic thinker who stays up-to-date on current best practices.
- Brilliant problem solver capable of smashing through barriers that present themselves
- Passionate about introducing society to the most important asset in our generation
- Experience in technology (more specifically Bitcoin) startup environments
- Desire to change the world
Why Bitcoin Well?
- Aggressive medical benefits including:
- Regular team events with the best team members you’ll ever work with
- Employee Shares and Options Plans
- A kitchen full of snacks and drinks to keep you energized
- Paid volunteer days and donation matching to local charities
- Bitcoin denominated salary options
- Explosive industry revolutionizing the way society interacts with money
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply with confidence.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- WordPress: 2 years (preferred)