Weare looking for a staff civil engineer to work as a part of our St. Louis-basedcivil team. This Staff Civil Engineer provides project level support ofdetailed design and activities related to the preparation of plans,specifications, reports, and other documents for engineering projects withinprescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the belowduties. Typical advancement is based on the quality of performance ofessential duties and responsibilities. Discretionary advancement is based onemployee’s actions and accomplishments. This position will report to theDivision Manager.
- Provide engineering and technical support to Project Managers and other engineering staff in the preparation of studies, reports, plans, specifications, and construction drawings.
- Possess the ability to interpret plans, sketches, and specifications.
- Ability to respond to common technical inquiries, questions from the client, or members of the project team and to resolve complex technical issues.
- Provide support to Project Managers and senior project staff to ascertain coordination, completeness, and accuracy of critical technical requirements.
- Perform specific work assignments in accordance with established and modified progress schedules and within prescribed budgets.
- Capable of being assigned any sized, more complicated projects and performing all design tasks with very limited supervision.
- Willingness and ability to travel out of town for site visits and construction observation that may include overnight stays.
- This role requires strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency using AutoCAD-Civil3D and exposure to engineering modeling software such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, preferred
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software.
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client expectations.
- Be able to take direction and function independently.
- Ability to write technical reports, memos, or other correspondences that conform to prescribed style and format of the client and of the firm.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables based on client preferences and in areas where documentation is lacking, or only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to communicate and provide a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess great organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry, as well as calculus and statistical analysis.
A typicalstaff engineer would possess a Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering orequivalent education from a four-year college in the field of Engineering and aminimum of 2 years’ experience in design or construction of engineeringprojects.
This job requiresEngineering Intern (EI) Certification with intentions of pursing and obtaininga Professional Engineering (PE) License as well.
COMPANYBENEFITS & COMPENSATION
Benefitpackage includes health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, short-termdisability and long-term care insurances, 401k, Holidays, PTO and every otherFriday OFF.
Compensationwill be commensurate with experience.
Reasonableaccommodations are available to allow workers with disabilities to performessential job functions.
Job Type: Full-time