EUSCO, a division of Rural Electric Supply Cooperative (RESCO), is a manufacturers’ representative for quality manufacturers to the electric utility industry. We are looking for a Sales/Application Engineer to join our team in the North and South Dakota sales territory. This position will promote and sell the products and services of the manufacturers and consulting engineering firms in the assigned territory. Some products could also be sold through distributors and/or be sold to electrical contractors and industrials. This position will require on average 60-80% travel on a weekly basis and overnight travel of 2-3 nights per week. Responsibilities include:
- Manage assigned territory for efficient travel on a regular schedule to develop and maintain relationships with key personnel within electric utilities, consulting engineering firms, service companies and industrials that are users or responsible for approving the purchase of products-services sold by the Principals represented by EUSCO.
- Maintain relationships with key personnel (sales management, product managers, etc.) at the Principals represented by EUSCO.
- Follow-up on all major bids-quotations and provide feedback to Principals and EUSCO Management.
- Follow or manage major projects and/or system sales involving products-services from EUSCO’s Principals.
- Prepare and communicate monthly/quarterly/annual sales forecasts/reports as required by Principals or Management.
- Submit expense reports and field call reports on a weekly basis.
- Maintain travel and entertainment expenses within budget guidelines.
- Attend Principal’s sales meetings and training sessions as needed and approved by Management.
- Travel with and provide technical support to RESCO sales reps in assigned territory.
The successful candidate will have an engineering degree, preferably in electrical engineering along with five years of experience in technical sales. Other qualifications include:
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to learn product software used by our Principals
- A valid driver’s license
RESCO is a great place to work and offers a very competitive benefits package with two retirement plans.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance