DAVENERGY Solutions is a rapidlygrowing, profitable company, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our employees arethe key to maintaining our competitive edge. To attract and retain the best industrytalent DAV shares its success with its employees and is committed to providinga professional work environment where learning, growth and recognition careerare highly valued. If you are seeking anopportunity to work in a progressive organization that will offer youdiversified challenges and an excellent opportunity for advancement pleasereview our current employment opportunities. For more information about DAV andopen positions please visit our website at www.davenergy.com.
We are seeking a full-time mechanical Engineer to joinour dynamic and growing mechanical engineering consulting practice. We arelooking for motivated candidates who can grow with this department. Theselected applicant will conduct commissioning, retro-commissioning energyaudits and limited design assistance services on a variety of property types.Experience performing commissioning, cost/benefit analyses on energy improvementsis a requirement for applying to this position.
This position will require you to perform field inspections of government,commercial, industrial, multifamily residential, manufacturing, andinstitutional properties. You will collect relevant information to helpredesign Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs), perform energy benchmarking, andcost analysis. Some projects will require energy modeling with eQUEST, TREAT,or similar software. The ideal candidate will be adaptive to working with allproperty types, and knowledgeable with regard to a variety of HVAC systems.
The successful candidate may also be expected help performcommissioning activities, construction verification, and field functionaltesting. Depending on project capacity, this candidate may also be expected toassist in limited mechanical design.
- Performance of energy audits
- Commissioning of new construction buildings.
- Retro-commissioning experience and ECM Determination
- A professional degree in mechanical engineering
- An understanding of and experience with a variety of HVAC systems
- Familiarity with ASHRAE standards
- LEED AP credential a plus
- Commissioning certification a plus (CxA, CCCP, NEBB)
- Excellent report writing skills, computer and internet skills
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete assignments on-time and within budget
- Ability to travel on short notice (1 week or less).
BS in Engineering or related fields
EIT Required, PE Required, CommissioningCertification a Plus
DAV offers a competitive compensation,bonus opportunities, group medical & dental insurance, 401k plan, profitsharing with employer contribution, and paid vacation/holidays.
Pleasesubmit a resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format, which must include the following information:
1.Reference job title and resource
2.Brief summary of past related experience (highlight your experience asit relates to our need & industry);
3.List of your education credentials and professional registrations
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- PE (Required)
- EIT (Required)
- Commissioning (Preferred)
- Are you currently located and authorized to work in San Diego, CA?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off