The Project Manager is the role within the engineering group which is responsible for directing the activities of the design team and in close cooperation with the company’s entire supporting cast (processing, purchasing, manufacturing, shipping/receiving, accounting, service, etc.) to assure projects are executed in accordance with the defined scope, budget and schedule requirements. From the time an order is received through final start-up and commissioning, the project manager will be the primary customer contact, not only providing immediate response to questions asked but offering unsolicited status updates too, so as to provide exemplary service and a high degree of customer satisfaction.
1. Dedication to excellence and high quality output.
2. Minimum of a 2 year engineering degree and 3 years machine design experience.
3. Experience in the bulk material handling and processing industry a plus.
4. PMP certification a plus.
5. Excellent organizational, problem-solving, communication skills, both written and oral.
6. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and preferably Inventor. Excel, Word, Outlook, Project Management, ERP, and CRM software.
7. Ability to work with designers and provide detailed direction as required.
8. Must have a confident, professional demeanor and an eagerness to assist all customers (internal as well as external)
9. Must be responsible and honest. Ability to motivate and lead others. Must be self-motivated and can work without supervision
Responsibilities/ Core Competencies:
1. Exemplify and promote excellence throughout the department.
2. Serve as the primary customer contact from the time the order is placed until the equipment is commissioned and customer’s needs have been fully satisfied.
3. Review and clarify specifications to verify equipment is able to meet customer’s requirements.
4. Produce and or review of detailed engineering and system layout drawings.
5. Responsible for design and or review of custom machinery and system of equipment
6. Develop project timeline and identify milestones.
7. Track all critical path items and provide routine status reports to external and internal customers.
8. Ensure that all documentation, required by the customer, is provided as per the required format and schedule.
9. Review the equipment before it ships to make sure that all items have been covered and that we are providing the best quality possible.
10. Coordinate with the installation contractors as required.
11. Coordinate with Customer Service to arrange for any field work required.
12. Coordinate with Vendors/Purchasing on any large buyout items to assure quality and conformance to project objectives as well as schedule.
13. Keep organized, detailed and current logs of progress being made so that any member of the management team can be updated quickly upon request.
14. Follow all KMC Global procedures and seek additional training when needed.
15. Coach and mentor team members.
16. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, and devise contingency plans, issue change orders when required.
17. Assess and effectively manage risks associated with the project to minimize company’s exposure.
18. Know company’s core values and use them as guiding principles in all business decisions.
Maintain a working knowledge of equipment capabilities and best practices and use them in providing technical guidance to customers, both internal and external; have the ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 3 years (Required)
- Are you currently living in West Michigan?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative