Assistant Port Engineer – Portland, Oregon
For more than 80 years, Sause Bros. has been setting an unparalleled standard of excellence in the towing industry. We are committed to employee safety, integrity and growth. In support of these commitments, we seek an Assistant Port Engineer at our location in Portland, OR.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain administrative files in compliance with auditing and inspection requirements.
- Create, print, and distribute various reports as needed to vessel and shoreside personnel.
- Track and file Port Engineering Vessel data to include but not limited to lube oil, water, and coolant sample reports and distribute to tugs.
- Verify accuracy of Engine Room Logs and file monthly.
- Keep Engineering Department informed of upcoming Preventative Maintenance items and track completion of work orders and requests.
- Train engineering staff in the use of regulatory compliance software, including: Ensure users are set up correctly and understand what is required of them by the system. Introduce users to and give initial training on the regulatory software as it pertains to their job function. Provide written guides for new features as they become available and answer all questions on routine use of the software.
- Work directly with software account representatives and the company IT Department on setup and retention of fleet maintenance records.
- Assist Engineering Department and consultants in revising the company SMS policy to match with internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Port Engineer with the purchasing, shipping and receiving of vessel equipment and supplies. Including verifying invoices and maintaining records of purchases.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4 year Degree or Equivalent Experience with marine and mechanical interest or aptitude preferred.
- Proficient Computer Skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package (including medical, dental, life, disability, 401k and paid vacation).
Sause Bros. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off