- Implement algorithms that run on our robots, both internal to the software system and client facing.
- Design and implement Sensor Fusion algorithms for Knightscope Autonomous Security Robots.
- Ensure implementation is carefully thought through, keeping in mind readability, compute, scalability, maintainability, testing and other best practice considerations.
- Solve challenging problems of localization, path planning, navigation, and obstacle avoidance.
- Deploy your code on our production robots and see customers using your solutions.
- Be proactive in figuring out bottlenecks and issues with the existing setup.
- MS or higher degree in Computer science.
- Strong Python with C/C++ experience.
- 5+ years of professional SDLC (software development) experience.
- 5+ years of coding experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Extensive experience in using sensors such as 2D/3D cameras, IMU, and LIDAR and sensors for obstacle and cliff avoidance.
- Experience working with Kalman filters, or particles filters.
- Experience on occupancy grid fusion algorithms using multiple sensor types (Camera, Radar, LIDAR, IMU).
- Experience with parallel programing using GPU or multi-core systems.
- Strong Linux experience.
- Knowledge of computer vision and controls.
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Experience in self-driving autonomous vehicles.
- Fluency in NVIDIA technologies.
- Open to learning new technologies.
- Remote Work-from-Home (in the U.S.) Flexibility Available.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $135,000.00 - $185,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19