CTLGroup is an internationally recognized, award winning engineering, architecture, and materials science consulting firm. We provide expert insights and scientific solutions for our clientele. Join us, do interesting work, and GROW your career and expertise!
We are seeking a Structural Engineer with prior experience in field investigations, condition assessments, and repair design of buildings and other structures with a particular emphasis on concrete structures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as Project Manager by overseeing and coordinating all aspects of projects to completion within specified timelines, keeping appropriate parties informed of progress
- Typical projects involve evaluation of the extent and cause of structural distress or deterioration as well as development and implementation of repairs
- Develop and plan projects by defining the potential scope through analysis and evaluation of alternate solutions to the client’s problem, write proposals and obtain approval to move ahead with projects
- Execute work which may include one or more of the following in the field or lab: evaluation, investigation, calculation, analysis, research, contractor supervision and construction oversight, engineering test methods and procedures, supervision of testing, forensic and litigation activities
- Schedule, coordinate and delegate project work including purchase of needed materials and/or services from outside vendors;
- Ensure the project team understands the results expected and their role, train, direct and review their work and give feedback as appropriate
- Analyze structural strength and serviceability deficiencies in building and industrial structures as well as the design of innovative repairs to enhance structural performance and long-term durability
- Build and sustain effective relationships with potential/current clients through regular communication, understand the client’s needs and respond with the appropriate sense of urgency
- Assist in developing business with current or new clients, cross-selling CTLGroup services as appropriate and perform sales activities such as tracing leads and cold calling
- Proactively identify areas of learning and participate in professional development activities in order to maintain and enhance work knowledge and skills
- Serve on relevant technical committees and write and present technical papers
- Demonstrate awareness of employee safety by performing duties in accordance to company and OSHA guidelines
- Maintain high ethical standards by using sound judgment that benefits both CTLGroup and its clients
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer Licensure (P.E.) and/or Structural Engineer (S.E.) designation
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Familiarity with standards and regulations (ASTM, ACI, AISC, etc.).
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MS or PhD in Structural Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with experience in managing projects and proposal writing
Physical and Travel Demands:
- Office work may include prolonged exposure to computers and prolonged sitting;
- Position requires some work to be completed outdoors with potential exposure to inclement weather conditions;
- Some work may be performed in confined spaces and at heights in excess of six feet;
- Some work is performed in a laboratory environment or in the field where the following conditions may apply: exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, variations in temperature and humidity, fumes and various types of equipment listed above;
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) whenever necessary;
- May require working additional hours;
- Up to 30% travel may be required.
This job description describes the general nature of the position. The above declarations are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, skills and abilities required to do the job.
Job Type: Full-time