Senior Applications Engineer
Qualified candidates will work with project managers, applications, hardware & software engineers on designing, specifying, programming and integrating new and existing building management systems. Candidate will also work with technical support & monitoring personnel on ongoing troubleshooting and support. Typically work will occur during normal business hours, however based on a project-to-project basis some after-hours work may be required. Candidates should anticipate that a portion of the time will require travel to customer locations throughout North America.
- Provide technical support to the telecom industry, including customers, vendors, contractors and Subcontractors.
- Coordinate with operations, schedule and perform site surveys, assist installations, and perform quality audits, End of Job reviews and paperwork.
- Complete Project Reviews for scope, obligations and site conditions.
- Provide customer support and maintain communication with customers for duration of their projects, including system implementation/test and turn up, and any required follow up.
- Reads basic blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures; Interprets manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and configures equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
- Operates systems to demonstrate equipment, commission new systems, analyze performance and identify malfunctions. Writes a variety of non-routine programs for systems.
- Acts as our customers best provider, ensuring Quest Controls is the customers first choice. Takes ownership of onsite projects including safety, quality and performance.
- Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation, maintenance, and performance.
- Advise management concerning customer satisfaction, systems performance, installation techniques and standards as well as suggestions for product improvements.
- Identifies potential project risks, communicates to appropriate parties and assists in the development and implementation of strategies to minimize impact.
- Works closely with the Project Manager and/or Operations Manager to assist in the overall coordination of specific projects; makes recommendations regarding quality of work and potential changes in scope, while identifying ways to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Electronics training from work experience, Military service, college or technical school.
- Preferred 5+ Years Field Engineer/Project Manager Experience.
- Computer Proficiencies in Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook
- Experience working with terminal emulators such as ZOC/Putty.
- Experience working in Central Offices, HeadEnds, and datarooms.
- Familiarity with telecom installation standards/quality requirements a plus.
- Be able to safely climb ladders and work independently.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Regular, reliable and predictable performance required.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Frequent visits to jobsites following CDC guidelines for masks, hygiene and social distancing. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required. Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time (some overnight travel), predominantly MA, CT, NJ, PA, NY.
- A passion for maintaining and ensuring quality installations and service.
Employment contingent upon successful background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
All applications and resumes are held in confidence.
Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Position comes with great benefits; including health insurance, vacation & holiday compensation, flexible schedules, Simple IRA / 401k and flexibility to work in a remote office. Quest Controls emphasizes a positive work environment conducive to creativity and ongoing development. We encourage continued innovate thinking and for you to seek opportunities in new responsibilities and disciplines. If you have at least 5 years experience and a desire to continue to learn and grow, please contact us.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- On the road
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19