The Mosaic Company (NYSE: MOS) is the world’s leading integrated producer of concentrated phosphate and potash—two of the three most important nutrients in agriculture. We employ more than 13,000 people in six countries to serve farmers all over the world. The people of Mosaic work with purpose to maximize efficiencies and minimize our environmental footprint. We strive to be a thoughtful and engaged neighbor, using our financial resources, expertise and innovative spirit to commit to good corporate citizenship..
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- Casual work attire
- International workforce
- On-the-job training
- Safe work environment
Are you ready to join a dynamic team of dedicated pros who don't like sitting behind a desk, love working with their hands and are excited to ensure all the things work properly?
As an Electrical, Instrumentation and Automation (EIA) technician you will work collaboratively to troubleshoot and provide repairs and preventative maintenance, install, calibrate electrical, electronic, instrumentation and automation equipment throughout the entire plant or mine.
You will work extensively with med-low voltage systems, AC and DC systems, lighting, motors, receptacles, starters, drives, power supply wiring (including conduit), transformers, programmable controllers, electrical components as well as pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
Safety is our #1 priority always and we follow National Electrical Code (NEC) and Mosaic’s high safety standards.
On a typical day you might engage in:
- Reading blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Working in confined spaces
- Working in elevated spaces or under- ground spaces
- Pre Job Hazard-Analysis
- Lock-out Tag-out (LOTO)
- Identifying defects and providing feedback and solutions
- Entering work requests in our Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Using hand tools and testers to maintain/repair motors, starters, drives, low-med-hi voltage systems and instrumentation
- Replace, repair, troubleshoot, calibrate or clean electrical, instrumentation and automation systems
- Pre Job and Weekly-Safety Meetings
- Any required Training
- Performs maintenance on equipment that monitors flow, temperature, density and pressure equipment
- Ensuring the safe and compliant storage/inspection/usage of tools and equipment
This position is located at our Ft. Meade location in Florida, which means You will work outside a LOT in all weather conditions, both heat in the summer and cold in the winter.
As SAFETY is our #1 priority, you will be required to wear appropriate PPE, depending on the work being performed.
Some of the required PPE includes:
- Hard Hats
- Ear plugs
- Dust Masks
- Safety Glasses
- Welding Gloves
- Welding Hood
- Steel Toed Footwear
This position is primarily M-F day shift, however, nights and weekends may be necessary to support business needs.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following:
- An associate degree in Vocational, Electrical, Instrumentation, or Automation
- 4 years’ experience in Industrial Electrical, Instrumentation and Automation or completion of an accredited Apprenticeship Program in Electrical, Instrumentation, Automation Systems required
- IBEW apprenticeship and Phosphate industry desired
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) programming/software experience preferred
- Good organizational skills and ability to work alone or partner with others
- Ability to safely work in and around heavy industrial environment, including moving objects, concentrated chemicals and transport vehicles
- Physical work environment is frequently outdoors and exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ability to read, speak and write in English...Safety is #1
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Ability to work in extreme weather
- Ability to climb, walk and perform work at high elevation
- Must be able to distinguish objects and receive information with your eyes
- Must be able to receive, process and understand verbal communication
- At least 1 year experience in a maintenance, working with electrical, chemical and mechanical equipment and products
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- HS Diploma or equivalent
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Meade, FL 33841: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location