Join a supportive, fun, and growing team! At Port Property, we’re committed to empowering our team members to succeed and evolve with us as a company. We’re looking for someone to help us achieve our goal to make a positive impact on the lives of our tenants and the greater Portland community, embodying our mission to "make home happen."
The Director of Operations is responsible for managing all aspects of the operation for the locations in their portfolio. This includes coordinating with the Property Manager of each portfolio to ensure expectations for leasing, resident relations, maintenance, expense management, personnel management and curb appeal are maintained or exceeded. The Director of Operations is expected to maintain and enhance the value of the real estate assets in order to maximize the owner's financial return and for the benefit of the customers and community.
If you are a proven business manager with property management experience and strong communication, leadership, customer service, computer and problem-solving skills - we’d love to hear from you!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages a team of Property Managers, Assitant Property Managers, and Maintenance Technicians to provide overall direction and supervision of day-to-day property management for assets within the assigned region. ·
- Implements, directs, and continually reviews operational policies and procedures to ensure consistency across portfolios.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting for assigned portfolios including vacancy, budget variances, staffing needs, upcoming inspections and others reports as needed. ·
- Coordinates with Property Managers and Maintenance Leads to oversee new employee onboarding, mentoring, and training of new hires. ·
- Evaluates existing employee needs to ensure ongoing training and culture needs are met. ·
- Works with Human Resources and Chief Operating Officer to create a plan for performance reviews and team feedback. ·
- Responsible for resolving resident relation issues and escalated complaints in coordination with Property Managers ·
- Regularly visits site offices, inspects field operations and reviews periodic reports from Property Managers to determine progress of occupancy and maintenance projects. ·
- Inspects properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluates maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations in areas of efficiency. ·
- Conducts periodic inspection of vacant apartments for market-ready condition. ·
- Monitor, support, and suggest improvements for marketing campaigns ·
- Assists in or develops corrective programs for properties, when needed.
- Supervises and coordinates preparation of annual operating and capital budgets
- Monitors and makes recommendations on budget performance to Property Manager and presents quarterly summary report of same. ·
- Act as a liaison between Property Managers and Operations ·
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong and effective communication skills; both oral and written
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships
- Mature and self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt to change
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong time management skills; including the ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results
- Demonstrated ability to meet established deadlines/targets/goals
- Solid computer skills; including intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Yardi experience a plus
Supervise a team of Property Managers, Assistant Property Managers, and Maintenance Staff in their assigned portfolios/region.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role may also require frequent duties outside of the office as needed to show properties, do inspections and walk-throughs at properties, attend to tenant and property needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is required between company locations in assigned region. Occasional travel to other regions may be required as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Willingness to travel locally to different sites
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in related field or 2-5 years of relevant experience
Port Property Management provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Multiple locations in and around Portland, ME
- Available based on business needs
- Candidate will be required to pass a background check before they can be hired
$100,000.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, ME 04101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Property management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Team management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Yardi Voyager: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location