SK Siltron CSS, a subsidiary of South Korea-based SK Siltron and the SK Group, offers a reliable global source of leading edge, production proven, high crystal quality silicon carbide (SiC) wafers and epitaxy services.
SK Siltron has been part of the semiconductor industry in Korea and throughout the world for more than 35 years, pursuing global leadership in semiconductor development through fundamental competitive innovation in technology, manufacturing, infrastructure and talented people. Recent acquisition of state-of-the-art technologies for SiC wafer production from DuPont extends the company’s capabilities in developing and manufacturing semiconductor wafers.
As a vertically integrated SiC material supplier with technology and manufacturing expertise from crystal growth through wafer fabrication and epitaxy, SK Siltron CSS is well-positioned to provide technology to meet demands linked to global megatrends – including improved environmental sustainability, increased electricity demand and higher energy efficiency – through the latest generation of wide-bandgap semiconductor materials.
SK Siltron CSS is seeking a Quality Systems Engineer to join our team in Bay City, Michigan. This position will be responsible to perform implementation of new management system processes to conform to IATF 16949 along with maintaining and continually improving the existing ISO 9001 management system.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and implement processes to close gaps in IATF 16949
- Maintain and improve processes for ISO 9001
- Lead Lean Six Sigma continual improvement projects
- Monitor change management activities
- Coordinate and perform internal Quality audits and participate in external audits
- Provide reports on the performance of the QMS to management
- Provide training / support for the QMS
- Maintain and ensure proper control of documents and records
- Support other miscellaneous activities as needed
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required; Engineering preferred
- Experience with ISO 9001, IATF 16949, or similar Quality Management Systems
- Experience with Lean manufacturing
- Able to communicate effectively with internal engineering, quality, and production teams.
- Ability to work independently and remain self-motivated
- Computer literate in Windows-based database programs and MS Office products
- Authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- 5+ years of Quality Control experience
- Formal problem-solving training required (i.e. Six Sigma, Red X)
- Auditing experience required
In addition to your competitive salary, as an SK Siltron CSS employee, you are eligible to participate in our extraordinary benefits package which includes a generous PTO and holiday allowance, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans with no employee premium, and an exceptional 401k plan with auto enrollment and employer matching. Additionally, employees also enjoy such benefits as supplemental voluntary life policies, flexible work arrangements, and wellness benefits.
SK Siltron, CSS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person