The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for leading CI projects and the training, coaching and mentoring of resources for Plant 8S in Columbia, SC. This position will report directly to the Plt. 8S Plant Manager with dotted line reporting to the SS MFG Continuous Improvement Leader.
- This position must have a passion for a continuous improvement culture; have the presence and leadership required to enact plant and divisional change; be approachable yet demanding; possess exceptional ability to coach internal and external teams.
- Proven extensive use of Kaizen, Leader Standard Work and Standard Work, 5S tools.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work on several projects simultaneously and under tight schedules.
- Knowledge of data collection and interpretation; certified blackbelt preferred
- Experience in project management, associated principles, and tools are preferred.
- Tenacity to accomplish tasks, follow-through, and meet deadlines.
- Leads change management efforts to ensure seamless, flawless execution and engage support from divisional leadership to the process level. Partners with key stakeholders to develop detailed, comprehensive execution strategies and plans.
- Develops and supports productive relationships with business partners
- Bachelor’s degree with additional training, experience, and demonstrated capability
- Drive Results
- Plan & Organize
- Influence Others
- Coach & Develop
- Build Trusting Relationships
- This position assists in planning activities to assure project deliverables and other work are produced timely and outcomes are achieved in accordance with established protocols and procedures. The CI Engineer will also facilitate assigned team activities such as team meetings, kaizen events, and project deliverables.
- Expert consultant to project teams and plant management on program decisions, strategy, design, and analysis methods, and if needed, leads investigation (with collaboration from internal and/or external experts) to support process improvement efforts.
- Investigate and innovate with new technologies that promote Continuous Improvement behaviors, eliminate waste, and improve efficiency. Work closely and collaboratively with teams.
- Provides thought leadership and participates in division process improvement programs.
- This position will help grow revenue and profitability by improving quality and lead times that will add value for our customers. This position is accountable for improvements in associate engagement, safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and productivity.
- Responsible for attracting, retaining and growth of the manufacturing level process improvement resources.
- Oversee the growth and development of continuous improvement trainees at all levels across the division
- Highly involved in increasing the engagement of our associates across the division
- Have superior leadership abilities; able to develop and establish long-term relationships
- Demonstrate and maintain clear, effective written and verbal communications at the individual and divisional level – maintain transparency and clarity of the business plan, short term initiatives, and how individual employees support each.
- Document activities and develop feedback report to communicate project outcomes and/or findings and activities to collaborators and other involved.
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Location: Shaw Plant 8S,4401 Saint Andrews Road, Columbia, SC 29210 USA
Location: Shaw Plant 8S,4401 Saint Andrews Road,Columbia,SC 29210 USA, Columbia, SC 29210
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,000.00 - $99,000.00 per year