SitePro is looking to hire a Software Engineer to join our growing team. The Software Engineer will support and develop against an established and existing system. It is a system that has a web-based front end orchestrated with jQuery. The transport layer communicates to microservices on the backend via RabbitMQ. This sound system needs day to day support and minor bug fixes on occasion. Many established and proven design patterns are established, so most of the complexity is abstracted into recognizable areas of concern and function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain and support a system with a web front end powered by microservices.
· Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming to BETA, UAT, and Production Environments.
· Work to resolve JIRA issues presented by test engineering, customer success, etc., within expected deadlines.
· Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures for this existing system.
· Protect operations by working with field engineers and customer success individuals to resolve issues that impact usability or uptime.
· Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
· Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues for the organization's weekly cadence calls and informational updates.
· Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities on this platform.
· First and foremost, developing software our users need for this platform.
· Make informed decisions quickly and take ownership of services and applications at scale.
· Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
· Be a persistent, creative problem solver.
· Remain calm and effective in high pressure situations
The duties described above need to be more inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned or required occasionally due to the need to respond to customer needs and remain competitive in the marketplace.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Become the platform SME
· REQUIRED: 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
· REQUIRED: RabbitMQ / MassTransit (or similar service bus architecture)
· REQUIRED: Microservice deployment with Top Shelf to VMs
· REQUIRED: CAKE Building
· Either strong OOP or Functional Programing and modeling skills
· 4+ years of professional experience in professional web development
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through the actual launch of the project
· Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates, and meet production deadlines.
· Experience with mission-critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Software Engineer top skills & proficiencies:
· Software Design
· Software Documentation
· Software Testing
· Programming Skills
· Software Development Fundamentals and Process
· Software Requirements
· Software Architecture
· Communication Skills
· Results Oriented
· High Energy
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person