Overview:SMS Data Products Group, Inc. is seeking a mid-level Network Engineer to work on our C4 contract at Kitland AFB in New Mexico. This candidate will have experience in architecting and deploying IP networks within large-scale environments and/or datacenter environments. The Network Engineer must be able to develop LAN/WAN designs, setup router/switch configurations, design/configure routing protocols, and set up IP subnet schemes. Mid-level Network Engineers must be able to exhibit strong communication, collaboration, as well as time and project management skills. This is a position that focuses on customer-facing (production) infrastructure.
As a dynamic systems integrator, SMS offers proven solutions in engineering, operations, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. With expertise in modernizing and optimizing legacy infrastructure and systems, ensuring operational efficiency, and designing, implementing, and managing secure environments, SMS supports business and mission goals with proficiency, quality, and integrity.
SMS has been serving the advanced information technology needs of the federal government since 1976, delivering talented teams and innovative, cost-effective solutions and services to support our customers’ missions for more than 40 years. SMS is headquartered in McLean, Virginia, with offices and on-site operations at customer locations throughout the United States. For additional information on SMS, visit www.sms.com.
Submit your resume today!
- Develop LAN/WAN network designs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands on experience with LAN/WAN setup, TCP/IP protocol, routing/switching configurations and firewall technologies.
- Experience with Cisco routing/switching platforms and IOS.
- Experience in implementing converged networks to include VoIP, VTC and QoS methods.
- Troubleshooting complex network issues such as performance analysis, protocol problems, hardware failures and WAN/LAN connectivity issues.
- VoIP component configuration and deployment experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Juniper platforms is a plus.
- Have a general knowledge of systems and enterprise storage technologies.
- Participate in the implementation of agreed upon solutions and strategies.
- Troubleshoot technology issues, using various internal and external resources.
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
- Document technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality.
- Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently as required.
- Strong understanding of secure network architectures and encryption technologies preferred.
Qualifications:Three to eight years of progressively responsible network engineering hands-on experience with Cisco platforms. Candidates should have technical experience in all of the following areas. Individual must have high degree of skills with the MS Office toolsets. Applicant must possess refined critical thinking skills, should be a self-starter, may direct the activities of other team members, diplomatic, multi-task capable, adaptive to a dynamic environment, dependable and reliable.
Prior experience in a government consulting services environment is required.
Applicant must possess refined critical thinking skills, should be a self-starter, and possess the ability to direct the activities of other team members.
- Applicant must be diplomatic, multi-task capable, adaptive to a dynamic environment, dependable and reliable.
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s License Required
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- DoD 8570 IAT II (SEC+CE or greater) is required
- Requires either a vendor network certification or CompTIA Net+ certification
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*