Shimmick is seeking a highly talented Adminstrative Assistant for Miami Transit based out of Miami, FL.
At Shimmick, we are problem solvers. Creative thinkers. Innovators. We approach each project with fresh ideas and big thinking in pursuit of better answers, better outcomes, and better experiences for our clients. We are resourceful, nimble and resilient. We work hard together—and with our clients—to deliver high-quality projects that are on time, on budget and beyond expectations.
The Administrative Assistant must possess strong organizational and communication skills. The Administrative Assistant should have a friendly, positive, outgoing yet confident attitude necessary to support the team.
- Administrative Assistant responsibilities for this position include:
- Interfacing with staff, clients and assistants of clients.
- Coordinating calendars and schedules; setting meetings and teleconference calls
- Following up on pending matters with clients and staff
- Implementing marketing activities
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc
- Assist with Document Control
- Assist in other documentation matters such as document reviews
- Prepare and submit client invoices and other accounting tasks
- Orders offices supplies and maintains inventory
- High School Diploma/GED + 2 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- 3+ years of strong administrative experience in a corporate setting
- High level of diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
- Attention to detail and strong follow throughIntermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Fluent in English and proficient in Spanish
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
What We Offer:
SHIMMICK is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, SHIMMICK benefits may include: 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami, FL 33166: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location