Palanisami & Associates, Inc. (PAI) is seeking a Structural Engineer licensed in the State of Minnesota for immediate full-time employment.
Work directly under Senior Engineer with 40+ years' experience. It is a great opportunity to learn different types of construction.
PAI, founded in 1986, provides structural evaluation and design services for new and existing institutional, commercial, and industrial buildings, including health care facilities, hotels, commercial structures, public buildings, and parking structures, from conceptual design through completion of construction.
Please visit our website at www.palanisami.com
The job responsibilities for this position will be primarily focused on structural evaluation and restoration of existing buildings, parking structures and may have to design new buildings based on work load.
Salary is based on experience. Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, and two weeks paid vacation.
- Performing on-site investigations and evaluations of existing buildings and parking garages, including precast and cast-in-place conventionally reinforced and post-tensioned concrete structures.
- Preparation of detailed condition studies, including annual reports required by city ordinance.
- Cost estimating.
- Structural design calculations.
- Preparation of bid documents including drawings and specifications for structural restoration projects.
- Overall project management and communication with engineers, drafters, property owners and managers, building officials, and contractors.
- Construction administration including review of shop drawings, on-site inspections, and coordination with contractors.
- Effective client communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of experience.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota.
- Experience with structural engineering software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working effectively with multi-disciplined design team(s).
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit will be considered a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary $70,000 - $75,000 (based on experience).
- 2 weeks paid vacation and 1 week sick leave.
- Health and Dental insurance.
- Profit sharing and 401k participation.
Please submit resume in PDF format. Examples of pervious work, also in PDF format, may be included with resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off