General Description of Position:
To successfully take projects from concept stage to production smoothly and efficiently.
Duties: Position will be accountable for the following:
- Product Development from concept to production phase-in of new products under supervision of the Director of Engineering.
- Provide detail design and support to tooling vendors as required.
- Troubleshoot design related production problems with Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, and Qualify Control.
- Develop accurate B.O.M.s for new designs.
- Create fully constrained 3D concepts in CAD environment.
- Create detailed and complete drawings and assemblies for all parts.
- Interface with suppliers to insure correct product applications and installations.
- Be directly involved in the development and testing of new product and prototypes.
- Continue development and implementation of upgrades to products once in production.
- Ensure interdepartmental communication.
- Ensure that work area is clean, orderly and safe. Know and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and adequate completion of all applicable phases of project.
- Maintain direct and frequent interface with other departments to insure consistency throughout the organization.
- Maintain supplied personal project folders with complete and updated information.
- Co-ordinate and maintain 3D CAD models to include correct interface fit, finish, and other details with Operations and suppliers as changes occur.
- Provide technical product assistance to Service Department.
- Interface with governing/regulatory bodies as required for current and new approvals.
Organization/Individuals outside of MasterCraft to whom there is regular contact:
Vendor Representatives – as needed to assist with material issues.
Sub-Contractors – as needed for tooling and new parts.
Organization/Individuals inside of MasterCraft to whom there is regular contact:
Sales Department – as needed for research and direction.
Production Managers/Supervisors – as needed to support implementation of improved materials and processes.
Supply Management – as needed to support procurement of new and updated parts/materials.
Preferred (Not Required) Equipment/Software Experience:
- SolidWorks (2022)
- Rhino 7
- AutoCad (2022)
- Microsoft Office Suite
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in mechanical design with knowledge of production process. Extra consideration to marine industry experience.
- Strong background in computer aided design and engineering, specifically with 3D modelling (parametric preferred).
- Committed to quality and standards that are accepted by societies and industry.
- Must interface well with other employees and the public and be a team player.
Works in both office and plant environment. Office environment has controlled temperature, humidity and noise levels. Plant environment varies with outside temperature and noise levels vary in different production areas. Effective near vision or near vision accommodation is required. Talking and hearing are required. Minimal bending, stooping, walking, and stair climbing are required as is lifting items of moderate weight. MasterCraft quality standards and safety rules and regulations are mandatory.
Travel: Minimal travel required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $58,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Owosso, MI 48867: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location