This position is responsible for maintaining marine vessels for a private family. In collaboration with the team, this position will fulfill many operational and service duties while focusing on efficiency and “Five Star” quality delivery. While based in West Michigan, the Marine Operations Specialist will also be required to travel both domestically and internationally.
Our Unique Benefits
We are intentional about enriching our employment experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid time off programs including vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays.
- Training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You'll Do
- Maintain vessels in pristine and ready condition, including exterior and interior appearance, washing, cleaning, detailing, inventory, minor repairs, etc.
- Stain and/or varnish vessel decks based upon a seasonal schedule under direction.
- Provision boats, provide service, and prepare watercraft, lines, safety equipment, and other items.
- Provide food and beverage service to family and guests as requested; follow proper table etiquette, service, and entertaining protocol.
- Operate support and personal watercraft vessels of various sizes under occasional direction.
- Responsible for transporting and trailering boats of various sizes throughout Michigan and other locations.
- Keep boat barns and warehouses organized, while maintaining knowledge of inventories and supplies.
- Maintain a courteous and professional status with family and guests at all times.
- Report maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Provide training and oversight to Boat Maintenance Assistants as assigned.
- Proactively identify problems and complete tasks without waiting for specific instruction.
- Exercise open communications with other staff.
- Participate in job-related training as required.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- A minimum of 3-5 years of marine service or boating experience including transporting and trailering vessels of various sizes required.
- Demonstrated ability to serve food and beverage following proper table etiquette, service, and entertaining protocol.
- Maritime industry credentials preferred i.e. STCW, Tender Operator, Able body Seamen (AB), Ordinary Seamen (OS), Wiper, TWIC, QMED, etc.
- Problem-solving capability.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Travel required, both domestically and internationally, scheduled for days/weeks at a time depending upon team capacity and needs.
- Passport required; or ability to obtain one upon hire or shortly thereafter.
- Work is performed in and around water; strong swimming skills are required.
- Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements. May require working weekend and holiday shifts in addition to regular shifts and up to 6-7 days per week during busy seasons.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and obey all traffic and vehicle rules and regulations when operating equipment.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the vessels are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- Required to wear appropriate employer-provided safety equipment in performance of job. Equipment will be provided by employer; methods of operation and use will be overseen by the supervisor.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work at high heights.
- Confidentiality at the highest level is required. This includes, but is not limited to, information directly and indirectly pertaining to the personal movements, property, and communications of the ownership group and Wakestream MI Marine. Agreement to and the signing of a confidentiality agreement is required.